– Stay @ Palm Mountain Resort
– Golf Friday, September 10th: 8AM tee times at Desert Willow Firecliff
– Golf Saturday, September 12th: 8:05AM tee times at Desert Willow Mountain View
– Awards Banquet hosted at Maracas Mexican Restaurant
All proceeds from the “Super Raffle” will go to the San Diego Jr. Golf Association, a 501 C 3.
Format: 36 Holes Individual Stroke Play by Flights and Blind Draw Teams
- Smeal Jr. : All professionals and amateurs with a 5.0 index or less. This the elite group of players who show up each year and although they have some game and call themselves professionals generally drink too much beer, have too much fun, and barely make it to the banquet. They all swing like Nicklaus and Putt like Ray Charles.
- Smeal Sr. : Amateurs with a 5.1 to 15. These guys are good, they are the subtle cheaters who play out of bounds like a lateral water hazard. They take gimmees even though it is a “Tournament”. They generally play slow because they are trying so hard to win even when they now Dan Ekeroth will win again.
- Twitch-Switch: The name Amateur is too good for these players. They say God can’t hit a One Iron, these guys couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat. They will tee off last, play fast only because they are nervous of trailing too far behind. They will make the turn in two hours, grab a hot dog, a twelve pack, smokes, oh yeah, and more balls. Apparently a dozen wasn’t enough for the first 9. Then on the back 9 there is a good chance someone will get hurt. If someone isn’t struck by a golf ball or someone isn’t ejected from a moving cart then we have not lived up to our reputation.
Awards Banquet: Maracas Mexican Restaurant from 7-9PM
Accomodations: Palm Mountain Resort in Palm Springs. Please call (760) 325-1301 and book your room under “Smeal Invitational”
Standard room = $79.00 Wednesday & Thursday & $129.00 Friday & Saturday
Poolview room = $89.00 Wednesday & Thursday & $139.00 Friday & Saturday
Poolside room = $99.00 Wednesday & Thursday & $149.00 Friday & Saturday
Above net rates are valid for 1 or 2 adults per room per night, plus 16.5% room tax & .195% Tourism fee (tax & fee subject to change)
Super Raffle: All Proceeds from the Raffle will benefit the San Diego Junior Golf Association. If you have anything you can donate as a prize please let me know. Raffle Tickets are $1 each or 25 for $20. IF YOU HAVE A PRIZE TO DONATE PLEASE EMAIL CHRIS at email@example.com
Player Entry Fee: $210 includes 36 Holes of Golf, Cart Each Day, Range Balls, Prize Pool, Tee Prize. (Entry Fee does not include Hotel Stay)
Guest Entry Fee (Non-Golfer): $45 for Banquet
Sponsors: We are always on the look out for new sponsors. Special thanks to Gold Medallion Awards for donating the Trophies.
Thank you to all of those who purchased Raffle Tickets in 2019. We were able to raise $750 for the San Diego Junior Golf Association.
Palm Mountain Resort
155 South Belardo
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Other Fun Games on the Course:
- SKINS GAME
- CLOSEST TO THE PIN ALL PAR 3’s
- LONG DRIVE EACH DAY